Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceCredit · 1 month ago

Can Denny's still charge you if you don't sign their CC receipt?

I ordered online and went to pick up my order. The place was  jam packed as customers were waiting 3-4 hours for their orders. So I canceled my order with the manager and she said it would take 3-5 days to get my refund. She didn't give me a receipt nor did I sign anything.

It's been almost a month and no refund so she lied. So I had to dispute the charge with my CC company but they kept asking me for proof that it was canceled. But like I said, she did not give me anything other than her word.

So is it possible I could lose this dispute? It's for a lot of money, which I don't want to give to them for doing nothing.

Yes, customers order food with credit cards and have it delivered all the time.  Customers who aren't going there and are having the food delivered to them don't sign, and their cards still get charged.

Tell the credit card company that it was a scam...they took your card info..charged it and never gave you food.

Denny's does require signature in person for their online orders according to their website. So you should win.

Oh and you don't have to dispute in 3-4 days like some clown says. As long as you do it within 60 days of the charge, you're fine.

You should have filed a dispute after the 3-4 days, not a month later.

A signature is not required to make charges on an online order... Hitting that submit/enter button was your signature.