Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Home & GardenOther - Home & Garden · 2 months ago

What’s a humane way to get rid of bees?

My flowers have recently been attracting a lot of bees, and under normal circumstances I would be thrilled. But my niece is deathly allergic and I’ve already been stung twice. I don’t want to hurt the bees, but they can’t stay.

Bees do not have a no fly zone. They are in your yard due to the fllwers. If you want to get rid of the bees, get rid of the flowers. 

If your niece is deathly allergic to bee stings  I would never allow her to visit unless she has her bee sting medication.

If you have flowers then the bees are going to come. You can kill a few but there will still be more. You need to be sure they are bees and not some other flying insects that sting. Honey bees and bumble bees are not aggressive and will leave you alone if you just back off. 

.

The only way to get them to go away is to get rid of your flowers.

• Steve

Is there a beehive on your property?  If so, a professional can safely remove it for you.  Otherwise, the bees are gonna do what a bee has gotta do - collect nectar and make honey.  Either get rid of the flowers or keep away from the flower bed when outside.  Your niece should also have an epipen nearby if she's that allergic to bees.

Get rid of their food a nd they will go elsewhere.

• A

The bees that pollinate flowers are honey bees and bumble bees, both are very docile,  the only way you would get stung would be to step on one,  As long as you have any flowering plants you are going to have bees collecting pollen,   They aren't nesting at your house just visiting to pollinate.    If you have yelowjackets or hornets that is a different story but they do not visit the flour