Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleFashion & Accessories · 1 month ago

Which Version of this Outfit looks more Suitable for Daytime (trying to dress down a glittery dress)?

I'm a HUGE fan of the 80s and 90s and love layering, but I don't really like wearing t-shirts or sporty clothes as I'm mostly a dressed up person. I recently bought a light colored slip dress for Summer, but its has fine glittery threads, so I find it a bit tricky to dress it down. Originally wanted to wear the mesh tee underneath but I'm not sure.

Please, ot slut-shaming. Its for LEISURE wear, hanging out with friends and such. I don't have a "corporate"/religious lifestyle and I'm not a party type or the easy type who chase after guys (frankly i don't care about guys, and yes the dress is a bit short, but I wear shorts under them! But I'm not heading a church.lol). I just like to dress down these type of pieces for daytime wear. I find much easier with skirts than dresses (like fluffy/chunky sweater with a sequin skirt).

This is the inspiration: http://standoutlook.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/12...

but I don't want to wear a plain tee. Which top could be a substitute?

• sam
    Favorite Answer

I really like the sweater one, as well as the crochet T shirt. They’re both super cute! The collar shirt is my next favourite one, and it’s very on trend. The only one I wouldn’t go for is the mesh T shirt, as it’s too similar to the dress. That’s just my opinion though, to be fair they all look great! 

There is no way to drop the beauty of that dress on you.  Your best bet is a light sweater over it.  As for the outfits.  The pocketbook and the boots go together very well with that outfit.  For the top, I prefer the collar vs the U neck.  The color top to the right does not work for me.  Its too close in color from this picture.  If I was to add things, I would change the boots for something more summery, and a different pocketbook to change up the days.  The current boots and pocketbook are for a great night out.  

Collar shirt.............