Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleFashion & Accessories · 1 month ago

Which Version of this Outfit looks more Suitable for Daytime (trying to dress down a glittery dress)?

I'm a HUGE fan of the 80s and 90s and love layering, but I don't really like wearing t-shirts or sporty clothes as I'm mostly a dressed up person. I recently bought a light colored slip dress for Summer, but its has fine glittery threads, so I find it a bit tricky to dress it down. Originally wanted to wear the mesh tee underneath but I'm not sure.

Please, ot slut-shaming. Its for LEISURE wear, hanging out with friends and such. I don't have a "corporate"/religious lifestyle and I'm not a party type or the easy type who chase after guys (frankly i don't care about guys, and yes the dress is a bit short, but I wear shorts under them! But I'm not heading a church.lol). I just like to dress down these type of pieces for daytime wear. I find much easier with skirts than dresses (like fluffy/chunky sweater with a sequin skirt).

This is the inspiration: http://standoutlook.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/12...

but I don't want to wear a plain tee. Which top could be a substitute?

Attachment image

3 Answers

Relevance
  • sam
    Lv 4
    1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

I really like the sweater one, as well as the crochet T shirt. They’re both super cute! The collar shirt is my next favourite one, and it’s very on trend. The only one I wouldn’t go for is the mesh T shirt, as it’s too similar to the dress. That’s just my opinion though, to be fair they all look great! 

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 month ago

There is no way to drop the beauty of that dress on you.  Your best bet is a light sweater over it.  As for the outfits.  The pocketbook and the boots go together very well with that outfit.  For the top, I prefer the collar vs the U neck.  The color top to the right does not work for me.  Its too close in color from this picture.  If I was to add things, I would change the boots for something more summery, and a different pocketbook to change up the days.  The current boots and pocketbook are for a great night out.  

• 1 month ago

Collar shirt.............

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.