Ar
Ar asked in Business & FinanceCredit · 1 month ago

Canceling an order on Ebay ?

Last week i ordered an item on Ebay (which i haven't received yet.), after that i removed my credit card information from my account.  Today I accidentally ordered an item, which I cancelled immediately. 

How long will it take for it to be canceled,  because it still says pending... i don't heve a credit card on file.  How are they going to change my. What will happen? 

Once you buy an item on eBay, you are basically agreeing to pay for that item. There is NO cancellation option.

You will be chased for payment. Failure to pay will be recorded on your account, and this might impact on your future ability to buy from the site.

Not sure how you can 'accidently' purchase anything though, given a number of clicks are required to complete the purchase !

The order would not have went thru if you did not have another payment method on file. Do you have a bank account? They may have charged that bank account.

Removing your credit card does not mean ebay/paypal cannot still charge it. If you owe them they can.

Either way, charges should show instantly and cancellations can take 2-4 business days to show up.

My accounts have a bunch of different payment methods. One is set as primary. But, I also have gift card credit on my account and I tend to use the gift cards when I can.

I ordered a mask last week, used a gift card and it immediately deducted it from my balance. Yesterday I got the mask and its unwearable. Kills my ears. So the seller immediately refunded and my gift card balance was credited. Had it been a credit/debit card or a bank account, I probably would not see the credit until monday or tuesday.

But, I have never been able to unilaterally cancel an ebay sale. Only the seller can do that.

So, when you cancelled, what lie did you give?  eBay doesn't let you cancel because you changed your mind...and all of the excuses hurt the seller.

Call eBay Customer Service.

Two points.