For motorcycle enthusiasts?

So all my life I have loved motorcycles. I like Harley-Davidson and Indian. I am looking into buying one of these. I keep going back and forth between the two. I cannot decide which one I want. So I'm either going to get a 2020 Harley Road King or an Indian Chief Dark Horse. Which bike do you like better and why? Which one is easier to maintain? How is the handling on them? Thanks in advance for your input. Be safe!

Favorite Answer

I don’t know if this will sway your decision either way, but Harley is going to go Bankrupt within a year.  Indian is owned by Polaris and they’re diversified enough they they’ll be around a while.  

As far as I am concerned Hardly a Davidson has lost their way, suing everybody that make better replacement parts, believing that 1950 out of balance engine technology is the way to stay while the rest of the world keeps upping the stakes with new fantastic. Truth be told I like bikes that stop when I just look at the brake lever, transmissions that shift like butter, and forks as big as struts on a Honda Accord. Get my drift.

• Ron

You seem a be a clueless wonder boy. If you plan on spending 30k on a bike then get the Indian.  Good luck son, you'll be dumping it within a week

• Jay P

You must learn to walk before you can run...

Start off on something much smaller and lighter ( and cheaper ) because as a new rider, chances are much higher that you will drop your first bike.

They are both 2020 bikes. How do you think anyone, short of a journalist, is going to be able to answer, "Which bike do you like better and why? Which one is easier to maintain? How is the handling on them?".

You will have to test ride them or trust reviews in magazines/online.

You are just trolling of course.  Get a used Honda Rebel first and learn how to ride.

Consult the coppers, find out which is more often stolen and not recovered.

Getting a 20,000$US plus bike is easy enough.

IF you plan to ride it, find out how much the Insurance will cost you.

You might also want to know if you can pick-it-up when you drop it.

just try them both and see and then decide