How do I fix my phone? Headphones sound weird.?

I dropped my mobile phone the other day and caught it with the cord of my headphones before they got pulled out.  Since then, all headphones sound weird in my phone (Vocals get cut out if there's any music, everything's really quiet) but the headphones all work on my PC.  I'm assuming there was some damage in the media socket but with the pandemic, I can't go out to get it fixed.  Is there something I can do myself?

Favorite Answer

That is typical of the headphone ground connection being broken.

It results in the two earpieces being in series across the stereo output, so you only hear the difference between the two channels; the centre of the stereo image (where the sound is the same to both channels) is cancelled out, usually removing some or all of the vocals, among other things.

It needs the headphone socket either resoldering or replacing, depending if it broke or cracked a solder joint.

You don't say what phone it is, so I cannot tell you if it the socket is on a plug-in module or what..

• Alyssa1 month agoReport

My phone is a Blu G9, but thank you so much!

cheaply constructed headphones with mouse whisker wires that break with one careless drop, get new headphones or a used  older   pair from an upscale used audio viz store

or a thrift shop

Get an MP3 player. Costs around $25 to $50 depending on features and amount of built-in memory.

Assuming  you have a pin type audio jack in your phone. The port must have been loose, causing poor contact.

Try another set of headphones . If they work then u will know if it’s the phone or headphones .

U could also try Bluetooth head phones . I don’t use any corded head phones or buds 

• Alyssa2 months agoReport

I have multiple headphones and earbuds all messing up the same way only on my phone, but thanks