Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationInsurance & Registration · 4 months ago

How long does drivers ed take?

How much is it?

Usually 30 to 50 hours of instruction is required (some states differ).  Classroom time is between $ 30 and $ 180 depending on how many hours you require.  Then you usually have to have about 50 hours practice driving, with a parent, guardian, or other licensed adult over 25 years old and they have to certify that you did the practice hours.

I took the driver's education course in summer school, I think it was free (or possibly a small fee), I don't remember.

• Edna

Are you referring to Drivers Education classes that are taught in a high school?  As best I can remember, when my son took Driver's Ed. in high school, it took one semester and it didn't cost anything.

If you're referring to classes from a private driving school, they can last anywhere from several hours to several months - however long it takes you to learn to drive a car. They'll cost whatever the driving school wants to charge. 

• May

It takes as long as it takes and until you pass the course

In a school setting or for adults? Either way you're better off checking locally.

Until the course is completed.  Thank you for asking.

I think it took 6 weeks when I was in high school. No charge.

it might take a couple of months