OTTO
Lv 6
OTTO asked in Social ScienceGender Studies · 1 month ago

What is Love?

Update:

Posting in various categories: Singles, Philosophy, Psychology, more...

Update 2:

Religion, Marriage, more...

Update 3:

Mythology&Folklore, more...

Update 4:

Parenting, more...

Update 5:

Last post is in Gender Studies then best answer will be chosen.

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

It is a meta-emotional state, brought on by a deep enough emotional connect to someone else. Meta-emotional means it is an emotional state itself, but it also impacts all other emotions you feel, including turning on some you never feel, or know exist, unless you're in love.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 month ago

To answer your question it mean to deep affection  for some one. The bible helps us to understand The Bible states simply: “Love builds up.” (1 Corinthians 8:1) Parents who are generous in expressing love to their children are, in effect, imitating their Creator, Jehovah God. The Bible relates that on the occasion of Jesus’ baptism, he heard the voice of his Father expressing approval and love for him as His Son. How reassuring, even for Jesus as an adult!​—Luke 3:22. A major aspect of true Christianity is love. Jesus told his disciples: “By this all will know that you are my disciples, if you have love among yourselves.” (John 13:35) How do we manifest such love? God’s Word entreats us to put up “with one another in love,” to “become kind to one another, tenderly compassionate, freely forgiving one another,” and to be hospitable. (Eph. 4:2, 32; Heb. 13:1, 2) “In brotherly love have tender affection for one another,” wrote the apostle Paul.​—Rom. 12:10. Please feel free to visit jw.org

• 1 month ago

Baby don't hurt me. Don't hurt me no more.

• small
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Love is simply one of the strongest emotions we humans suffer as a result of which one could even be willing to sacrifice own life for the sake of the beloved. Love begets surrender of wisdom.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

If I wanted to be cynical about it I would have to say it’s just a four letter word

• j153e
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Romantic love is explained in "For Couples Only," "Love and Sexuality" by Omraam Aivanhov, and "Finding a Higher Love."

The general feeling or awareness of love is understood by humans.  Thus there are other kinds of love, such as God's Love for Her creation, friendship, charity, and love of beauty.

• Liz
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

(1 Corinthians 13:4-8) "Love is patient and kind. Love is not jealous. It does not brag, does not get puffed up, 5 does not behave indecently, does not look for its own interests, does not become provoked. It does not keep account of the injury. 6 It does not rejoice over unrighteousness, but rejoices with the truth. 7 It bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. 8 Love never fails. But if there are gifts of prophecy, they will be done away with; if there are tongues, they will cease; if there is knowledge, it will be done away with."

Source(s): jw.org
    Lv 7
    1 month ago
    Attachment image
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.