Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Games & RecreationHobbies & Crafts · 2 months ago

Do I need a farming plate for my Singer Machine to embroider?

I just received an embroidery foot as a gift for my birthday and I am excited to learn to machine embroider! I don’t see an easy way to lower the teeth that feed fabric. Do I need a darning plate for my Singer Stylist model 7258? If so, suggestions on where to buy one? 

Ugh, I posted too soon. DARNING not farming. Proof reading is important 😂

Favorite Answer

On page 15 of the machine's instruction manual it shows how to insert a darning plate. The book shows that there should be a darning plate in the accessory kit in the part that removes to turn the machine into a free arm. The illustrated list of included parts in on page 11. If there was no plate included then go to the singer.com website and contact customer service. 

• Love L2 months agoReport

Thank you! I’ll try that!

• Lolly

You have to have a darning place for that model.

• Love L2 months agoReport

I can’t find a darning plate anywhere online for my specific model

You should be able to Drop feed dogs on any Singer machine. You should use the darning/embroidery foot. 

You are going to need to lower the feed dogs in order to free motion embroider. Just look on YouTube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3khJG7L_Tw

Youtube thumbnail