Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthMental Health · 1 month ago

I don't think anyone can love me because of my addiction?

When I was little (like 11-14) I had an addiction to pornography. For the most part, it wasn't even real porn, it was hentai. At first, I wasn't even aroused by it, I was just a curious kid and didn't understand it so I kept looking at it. After a while, looking at it became the only way that I could masturbate. Looking back at the experience now, I realise that the things I looked at were really disgusting, and I'm not aroused by any of it anymore. 

I've never told anyone about the addiction I had to the porn, and about the kinds of things that I would see. I feel like if any of my friends really knew about it, they would think I'm disgusting. Should I tell them and risk my friendship? I feel like pretty much all my friends know everything about me, except for this one thing which I'm so ashamed of. I don't know if it's worth the risk to tell them. 

Favorite Answer

If anybody can't love you, it's because of your self-loathing. It's hard for others to love you if you don't love yourself. As for the porn, that's normal adolescent behavior. Some or likely all of your friends have done it too. If you haven't heard that from them, it's not that they haven't but that they aren't sharing that with you. 

With that in mind, you can decide whether or not you want to share this information, either not sharing with them what they haven't shared with you or sharing with them to maybe open the door for them sharing with you, which may be helpful for you because it will help you accept that it's normal and nothing to be ashamed of.

As a 16 yo, I can guarantee you re not the only one from your friends who has been doing this. While there s no need to bring the addiction topic, they wouldn t start hating you because of it.

• LAN

No.  No one will ever love you because you are a loser that would rather post anonymous pity me rants over and over than actually go out and get a life.

Break the addiction.  

Talk to an addiction specialist.