Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsOther - Family & Relationships · 2 months ago

Help my gf is sick?

NO, she doesn't have covid-19 she just has the stomach flu. I just want to know what she should take to help it. I know she need to drink lots of water to stay hydrated. She keeps throwing up and actually pooping herself. I feel bad for her but just want to know what could help her get better cause I don't know what is used for it other than night quill or something else. 

Ok, sorry I didn't really make it clear then I should have. She can keep down water, she can even eat light foods. She had a low-grade fever and nausea but I did take her to the doctor cause she scared me and yes it is 100% the stomach flu. She is getting better now, She hasn't thrown up in a long time probably with in the last day and she hasn't and any "accidents" at all either so that's good. When it started she would probably tow up once every hour and with her other problem it was bad

She is doing good now though she still feels a bit sick but not too bad. I just sigh in relief for her. 

The norovirus is called the "stomach flu" all the time. I usually call it that. Lots of people call it that. I know what she had the doctor told me bruh.

Last update about this, she fine now she's better it been about a week and it clears up like it usually does. So it's all good now!

Covid 19 is not the same for everyone . The smart thing here to do is see a doctor , get her tested and yourself since you have been exposed. 

Don’t be the doctor because your not qualified.

Call an ambulance

• Edna

Ny-Quil is absolutely useless for 'stomach flu". It's used for coughs, colds, stuffy nose - that sort of thing. 

There's really no medicine she can take for "stomach flu". She needs to drink plenty of liquids and eat clear soup or Jello until "stomach flu" clears itself out of her system.

If she can't even keep down water she needs to see a doctor. COVID-19 aside, one can still get very sick just from regular influenza.

E-coli springs to mind.

if she is young ,fit and healthy she could probably recover on her own.

but if she is older, obese or has other medical problems she needs a doctor.

Like Sandy said.  If it goes for 24 hours and she’s can’t keep anything in, take her to a walk-in clinic or a ER, it sounds like food poisoning to me.  

• Sandy

if it goes longer than 24 hours, it's not a stomach flu. yes fluids. give her Gatorade so to keep her electrolytes in balance.