Ben asked in Social SciencePsychology · 1 month ago

How are you fighting the loneliness associated with Covid19, given social distancing?

I'm single and older and have no close family members. Zoom meetings for groups and work only do so much for me. Dating online is abysmal lately, as nobody wants to make a connection beyond the basic get-to-know-you online. Help!?!

To answer  your question we need to have connections  with others thats just natural feeling and it can be challenging in these time so while trying to friends you may want to focus on the bible it can really help in these times of feeling lonely or isolated. The Bible’s wisdom can help you to deal with problems that are caused by isolation.Even while you are isolated, you can find happiness by being aware of your spiritual need and filling it. (Matthew 5:3, 6) The following free resources can help you get started. These Scriptures have helped many to find comfort. Rather than reading several passages at once, try using your time in isolation as an opportunity to meditate on each passage and to pray.—Mark 1:35. Psalm 63:6-8. Psalm 91:1-6,Matthew 6:25-34,2 Corinthians 1:3, 4,Philippians 4:6, 7, 1 Peter 5:6, 7. Please take the time to read these Scriptures and also visit jw.org for more information on.

• amy

easy..............

Well Ben. I was a loner long before this virus. I traveled all my life alone and Seen the world alone. I live alone Im generous to a fault but not  with myself. I love it.

Find a new hobby and get good at it, or one thing that helps me is finding videos on YouTube about interesting things to me, and just block some time for them. I believe someone mentioned  getting a dog, That's on my list of things to do, 

Watch a movie and adopt a pet. Until covid19 is better managed a non human companion is nice to take care of. Many nice pets need a loving person to bond with and it's a win win.

• .

Maybe go out for a long two hour walk every day

this has been an excellent resource to help cope with covid loneliness:

https://www.jw.org/en/bible-teachings/peace-happin...

I'm not.Everything is the same.

I'm retired.All I have to do is wear a mask when in the store.

• OTTO

Be patient. The pandemic is winding down. Meanwhile, use this time for self improvement.

"I'm single and older and have no close family members"

Single with roommate, she's awesome, family all dead.

"Zoom meetings for groups and work only do so much for me. Dating online is abysmal lately, as nobody wants to make a connection beyond the basic get-to-know-you online"

Well given circumstance and that its not going to change anytime soon... you'll have find something online that works for you.

I do world of tanks but unless you platoon with someone you're on your own. Try Secondlife perhaps.