- Christin KLv 71 month ago
No it's not harmful in any way.
- .Lv 71 month ago
No, it is not.
"The health effects of microwaves remain controversial. To date, no conclusive evidence suggests that microwaves have cancer-causing effects, indicating that it’s a safe preparation method"
- Emily RoseLv 61 month ago
Only if it's too hot
- 1 month ago
Microwave frequencies damage the genetic structure of food you put in it. This just means parts of your food become unrecognizable by your digestive system.
As for water, I haven't seen any studies on it damaging the H2O structure.
People are mentioning here if the container is plastic it is bad. While it's not 'lethal' this would help microplatics leach into your water that are xenoestrogens. This is particularly a bigger problem for men.
I would still warm up water in a glass to get a quick warm cup of water. But rarely. Try one of those mini ovens, air fryer or a stove top kettle if you're very concerned. Microwaves have barriers on the exterior so microwave radiation doesn't bounce all around the area. If you put your cell phone in a unplugged microwave it loses reception in most cases. People who blindly believe microwaves are entirely safe and that it simply warms food, don't understand the Mechanisms behind how it warms food. However, microwaves aren't on long enough and are mainly protected by a built in barrier so harm to humans standing near by would be minimal.
These studies also stress that food which has a damaged genetic structure is safe for consumption and doesn't hurt us in any way.
Some doctors disagree and say it causes digestive problems which can lead to other problems. I doubt there will ever be studies conducted proving it harms humans. So according to current general safety protocols, it's safe bro. 👌Source(s): https://chekinstitute.com/
- How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
- Obi Wan KnievelLv 71 month ago
That hoax was busted over a decade ago. Time to take off the tinfoil helmet.
- kelvinLv 71 month ago
who even says that......
- RobinLv 71 month ago
if its heated in glass its fine. if its heated in plastic its lethal
- BarryLv 51 month ago
Why would it be? Microwave radiation is non ionising. That is the non-ionising radiation used in microwave ovens is not powerful enough to transfer radiation into food; it can only cause the water molecules to move.
- David B.Lv 71 month ago
It all depends on what you are heating it in. I would recommend only using microwave safe glassware. That way no unwanted chemicals are being released into the water. Under those circumstances there is nothing to be concerned about healthwise.
- Anonymous1 month ago
No, it’s fine.