Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Science & MathematicsZoology · 1 month ago

Do any other animals have sex for pleasure?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Ray
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

All animals have sex for pleasure. 

We feel pleasure because our brain releases dopamine on the cerebral lobe which controls sex drive, mostly when our nerves down there are stimulated, all other animals have this same neural reaction, including bugs. 

The difference is some animals have more dopamine released with stimulation in certain seasons, we have it year round. Some other animals have it year round too. 

Even though we have it year round, during certain times of the year we have more dopamine released in the cerebral lobe which controls our sexual drive. Women, for example, tend to have this more active during and right after their period. Men have similar cycles. 

We are great at tool use but many people have issues comprehending that we are animals as well. We do not have the most complex brain in the natural world, we are amazing animals because of our tool use, but we are still animals, and pretty primitive ones [aside from our brain and hands, that's it]. 

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 month ago

Dolphins do.                .

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

A lot of them. They don't tell themselves, "I am going to be a parent, and that is why I have sex." They just do it because it feels good.

• Paul
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

There is always pleasure in sex. Otherwise species wouldn't do it, and would become extinct.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • ?
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

My dog has sex with his monkey toy after dinner. I would guess that is sex for pleasure. He knows that monkey isnt alive or anything to mate with. 

• 1 month ago

No, human females are the only animals with a clitoris.  

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.