Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelAsia PacificChina · 2 months ago

I am thinking about moving to China..where do I start?

I am a first generation Asian and am thinking about moving to China. I would also have to learn Mandarin. I don’t have that much savings as I am a college student who just graduated. How hard would it be? 

I found an apartment only 375/month and it looks more than I could ask for

@ A Hunch: You know what I mean, no need for online sarcasm.

• Dj2541

The  PRC  are  not  fond  of  immigrants and  also  most  do not  speak  Mandarin.

The PRC is very anti-immigrant.  They especially do not want educated people from democratic countries moving permanently to China. You may be able to get a temporary job teaching English.  

Not difficult. Look up English teaching jobs in China. I know quite a few people who have spent a year or more in China that way, including some American Born Chinese. They might not be letting Americans in right now, but they may be hiring for the fall. Go to eslcafe.com and click on Jobs. There's a whole section for jobs in China. 

How does one become a "first generation" Asian?

"I am a college student who just graduated"  ??Huh.  Do you mean you just graduated high school and now you are a college student? 

I hope you don't mean you just graduated college because that would make you no longer a college student.

I can't believe anyone let you graduate from anything...

I don't think you would last very long as an expat in China, even if you have Chinese ancestry. If I was you, I'd start looking for a factory job.