Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Science & MathematicsEngineering · 1 month ago

Do project engineers need to own a pickup truck?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

If you're an electronics engineer or a software engineer, or an aerospace engineer, definitely not. If you're a civil engineer, probably not, if you're a construction engineer maybe, but most likely there will be somebody else to do the hauling. Incidentally, I'm not considering as engineers non-degree people who are basically maintenance people,  but who may call themselves engineers.

formeng

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 month ago

NO. You aren't going to haul stuff for the company.

• 1 month ago

Depends on what type of "project" the engineer works on:

quarry

road construction

parking structure erection

mall store demolition

Probably yes.

software editing

Hollywood movie production

electronics development

Probably no. 

Source(s): I did geophysics exploration, Hollywood studio work, software and electronics projects, quite a few other jobs. Sometimes I drove a VW microbus, sometimes an SUV, sometimes a sedan.
  • 1 month ago

No but many of us do. They make a great second vehicle for use around town. 

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Lee
    Lv 4
    1 month ago

No no no, a ‘Project’ engineer has no practical skills and will not require a pick-up. They could probably drive an early 2000’s Ford Focus...

Real Engineers will drive Mercedes cars with 2 less seats than they have children. 

The pick up trucks are used by Technicians, who don’t have degree level qualifications and if self employed earn more than the top two put together.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.