What's the number one food humans should eat?

I know it's hay/grass for rabbits and meat for lions and cats, but what about humans?

I know humans are omnivores that can eat a variety of things but is there a food that humans SHOULD eat over everything else? Like something we can survive off of like rabbits survive off hay/grass(even though they can eat other things like carrots)

48 Answers

Relevance
    Lv 7
    11 hours ago

There is no "one" food, because our bodies require various nutrients and there is no single food source that provides everything we need. 

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 day ago

arroz + pescado: longevidad

• 4 days ago

That depends on the person and what kind of shape they wanna be in. You are what you eat.

• Brfoweif3 days agoReport

So, I am potaotes and burgers?[

• 5 days ago

Actually, the answer to this question is no--there is NO ONE FOOD that humans should eat. That's why we are omnivores. 

It's the reason that cultures who limit their diets because of availability don't die out. It's the reason that some cultures live in exactly opposite ways when it comes to food. If there was one food that we could not live without we would have evolved or grown differently. 

There is, however, only one THING humans cannot live without and that all of them must have in order to survive:  WATER. 

• ...Show all comments
    • Wendigo
      Lv 7
      1 day agoReport

Sierra go look up the research done by Jane Goodall, more than fifty five years ago. She disproved that claim and filmed chimpanzees actually engaging in hunting, and eating meat.The "science" you're TRYING TO USE, fails to meet critical scientific standards.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 5 days ago

Fish

• 5 days ago

Two words. Food Pyramid. If you're looking at SHOULD eats, carbohydrates and your organic fruit and vegetables should be what you eat first. More of it, but don't live off of just it. Meat offers much more protein. Sugar is used in keeping you energized, but too much is unhealthy, therefore high sugar treats are unwise to eat all the time. Like you said, humans our OMNIvores, we don't eat just one thing. Humans can't survive on just one thing. Too much of one is bad. That's why you should eat a VARIETY of foods, hence being omnivores.

• SW-6
    Lv 6
    5 days ago

I think if you are leaning on nutrient dense, it would be KALE.  :)

• Anonymous
    5 days ago

It depends what your goals are. If you don’t care how long you live or how healthy you are and you just like the TASTE of food, you would eat just about anything. Including junk food. It doesn’t taste bad after all .

If your goal was to live as long as possible it’s been scientifically shown that the less calories you consume the longer you tend to live. So it might not even matter so much WHAT you ate as long as you just didn’t eat too much of it.

And more than likely if you were reducing your caloric intake significantly, you wouldn’t want to eat junk food anyway because it doesn’t satisfy you for very long. You might want something that has a higher fat content such as cheese or something of that nature. But in general, it depends what your goals are in life. 

If it’s “eat ,drink and be merry for tomorrow we die”, don’t even worry about

• 6 days ago

Whatever is abundant within ones vicinity.  In my case...pesky squirrels at the  backyard.

• 6 days ago

Potatoes. They are the most  nurishing. That is of you HAVE to live on one food item.

• ...Show all comments
    • k w
      Lv 7
      3 days agoReport

I love beans, particularly pintos....mom grew up eating beans and rice.....simple to make, and cheap too  ......as Americans, our diets and advice for food has been screwed up by too many choices, and too many gurus......

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.