I just died in my dream. But why?

I had that type of dream where a gun was pointed to my head, and when the man shot it I woke up. Let me provide you with some context.

Everything I’m about to tell you was all in this dream. There were these people, with expensive cars in my driveway (which I do not have irl) and I forget what they were arguing about. I just had to peak out my window to see what was going on. Then apparently this lady was outside my door. I questioned what she was doing inside my house (don’t know how she got in) But I few minutes later, this lady popped up like there was some random window on my door. (Which I don’t actually have)

Not soon after I was spotted, the only people I remember was the man and the woman. I remember he just pointed a gun to my head. I kept repeating “Please” over and over again. At that point as I was repeating that word, I was hoping it was a dream. And now that I think about it, in that dream I could’ve called 911 before they even got into my house. Which is something I have yet to do in my life.

I’ve heard that dreams have no correlation to real life itself, but I just find it very weird that I dreamt about this. I’m not sure how I feel about it. I feel not much fear, but mostly confusion. Like, do I even consider this a nightmare? Does this mean something? And if so, what does it mean?

We all live with a gun pointed to our heads in this age and time because of the fear and uncertainty of the coronavirus.  It will kill you as it has killed thousands or millions.  So many people are dying, that I can't keep up with the number of deaths.  Your dream was on target because of the great danger that disease brings with it. You could die at any time or you could fight it out and make it throhgh, just by dumb luck.   Whoever told you that dreams don't mean anything, doesn't know much about the subconscious mind, as that is the part that dreams and that part of the brain keeps our emotions and fears intact and those fears come out through dreams, or deep analysis. 

Dreams of experiencing your own death usually means that big changes are ahead for you. You are moving on to new beginnings and leaving the past behind. These changes does not necessarily imply a negative turn of events. Metaphorically, dying can be seen as an end or a termination to your old ways and habits.

I once had a very similar dream, it felt so real. I woke up with a shooting (no pun intended) pain in my head that only lasted a moment.

I just think it's because of how often we hear of and think of gun violence and other sorts of violence in the news, that these things manifest in our sleep

No reason.  Dreams are crazy sometimes.   You either saw a violent movie recently or simply saw the news.  We keep all that stuff in our subconscious minds.