Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsOther - Diseases · 2 months ago

My friend has a big kidney stone, what happen if to big? He had one 2 years ago. Are they serious? He’s over 60?

Favorite Answer

I had a large one in kidney and smaller one it urethra just 5 months ago, I was taken to hospital and after various tests and scans blood tests came back that I had sepsis and scans showed the stones, they put a stent in to help me pee and 6 weeks later I got the stent removed and the stones lasered and removed and another stent in for 4 weeks. Seemingly the large stone gives out a type of gas that causes the sepsis.

• Gert

They will probably use lithotripsy. Lithotripsy is a procedure that uses shock waves to break up stones in the kidney and parts of the ureter (tube that carries urine from your kidneys to your bladder). After the procedure, the tiny pieces of stones pass out of your body in your urine.

• mokrie

They are agonizing pain. They have to pass out through the penis.

Kidney stones cause a great deal of pain and can even lead to death by sepsis,

Best for him to get it removed as soon as possible.