Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelAsia PacificPhilippines · 2 months ago

Why is my filipina  girlfriends family so determined  for me to stay with them ....they do not want me renting my own place ?

My filipina girlfriend lives in the Philippines  and her family is so set on me living with them and their family of 9 ...I have mentioned renting my own apartment but they are so set on me living with them....any ideas why this might be .

• Ludwig

Because you have so many dollars and can pay for all of her brothers and sisters to go to college in America.

So they can be begging for money everyday.

Two things- one is that it's an unbelievable extravagance to stay in your own apartment for filipinos. The second is that they may be worried that you'll meet someone else. A recent episode of 90 Day Fiancee showed a guy from the states staying in the home of his filipina girlfriend. One night with no air-conditioning and taking a "shower" by dumping a bucket of cold water over his head, and he'd had it. He took her off to a luxury resort.