Are you worried about unemployment? ?

I’m gainfully employed, but I’m still applying for jobs to build my resume, skill set, etc. and I’m shocked at the number of applicants there are for degree-required, experience-needed, not walk-in-the-door-get-hired-off-the-street-jobs. I’m very shocked. Like 22 applicants in 48 hours? Is this real?

I missed a call from a recruiter for remote work, that I don’t necessarily need, and can’t get a return call. 

What is happening? I’m worried about us, you, them, everyone! This is not our fault!

Be nice to each other! These are stressful times! 

Don’t be mean to people you don’t even know! Hearts not darts! :)

yes definitely. Everyone is worried about unemployment. It's not easy to get a new job.

Only 22? That's much lower than normal. In normal times, a degree-required position can get over 1000. Degree-required positions are very hard to find, because there are too many workers with degrees for the few positions that actually require them, and not even workers without degrees for the many positions for workers without degrees.

I'm happily retired...................

Gee, this must be a hard time to be a black man. Higher rates of CoVid19 and unemployment. I guess the corona don’t like the black man

1. It is our fault. We have allowed politicians to shutdown the economy well beyond the 'flatten the curve' period they said. We have listened to and accepted the worst case scenarios for this virus. We continue to listen to the same 'if you drink from a garden hose you'll die' type crowd. Yes, we did this to ourselves.

2. 22 applicants in 48 hours is not out of the ordinary for many industries. It was the case 6 months ago as well.

Why are you shocked by that? I live in California & even before this started, I would get over 200+ resumes per job opening in a day. 

Don't be worried. Most people just send resumes because they're desperate and don't necessarily have the skills to do the job. I've seen so many random resumes that don't relate to the job at hand, don't even address me directly, have so many spelling errors, etc.So learn to stick out like a sore thumb. Or learn to network. 90% of the jobs I've gotten have been based on who I knew.