Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureMythology & Folklore · 2 months ago

Do the people who say they can see ghosts actually see ghosts? Or are they just scared of the wind and seeing stuff or lying??

Do you believe in ghosts???

• KennyB
    Favorite Answer

Ghosts are the product of imagination and fiction.  So, no

• Janie

We are surrounded by spirits, good and evil, they use our energy to show themselves.

• Dubbs

I don't think you should be too quick to dismiss the concept of ghosts. Although it's easy enough to dismiss other people's encounters as mistakes, insanity and lying, we shouldn't be too quick to judge just because we've been raised to reject the supernatural by a society that ridicules people for speaking out about paranormal events.

We're taught by schools to accept a 5-Sense reality,  that if you can't see, smell, hear, taste or touch it, then it simply must not exist.

When we see things we don't really see them with our eyes, our eyes merely pick up a spectrum of light and it's interpreted by our brain. But our eyes are limited and can only pick up certain frequencies on the light spectrum.

The same can be said for sound and all the other senses. Much like a dog's hearing is more sensitive to pitch. We can't hear the sound a dog whistle makes because it reaches a frequency human ears are incapable of picking up. All our senses work this way. 

Just as a radio dial needs to be tuned to hear to the correct station. All the other stations still exist as energy that was blasted over the airwaves. When in this energetic form the stations can't be seen or heard, they pass through brick walls, even occupy the same space we do. They just need to be interpreted back to their original sound form by the radio.

Ghosts no longer have a physical body so their interactions with the physical world are severely limited. They exist as form of spiritual energy. Most people are incapable of tuning their minds to other frequencies and can only be done when people are under an altered state of consciousness either through drugs, sleep deprivation and severe fasting, etc. But there are a few people that might be wired to do so, such as mediums that may have this inherent gift.

Other people are able to experience them because the conditions are right.

Of course,  this doesn't mean every ghost encounter is legit, as people are flawed and capable of making mistakes and lying.

However if you consider that ghosts and spirits have been sighted for thousands of years by competent people who have gained nothing but ridicule for it. There are millions of sightings that aren't easily explained, and if only even 1 account is accurate, then yeah, ghosts are real. Yet a lot of people are arrogantly assertive enough to reject the belief of ghosts because they've never seen one and they don't fit into their concept of reality, but this is because we've been raised in culture where religion is dying, and science won't give religion an inch until it's dead. Somebody that we don't know decided long ago what would and wouldn't be taught in schools.

But the fact remains that to this day, the same as hundreds of years ago, people still see things that they can't explain, the only difference is that it's not being reported by the media (they have a tight censorship over what knowledge is fed to the public). Would you be bold enough to dismiss every eyewitnesses' claim for thousands of years just because you might feel you're smarter then them?

No one can ever convince you, until you see one for yourself. 

Yes and no.  People have actually seen ghosts, myself included, and most don't claim to have any psychic abilities or cosmic gifts of any kind.  When someone claims to have the ability to see ghosts that others can't see, I don't believe a single one of them.

I also dismiss any ghost encounter that starts with "I was drifting off to sleep" or "I woke up suddenly", because those are obviously dreams.  Falling asleep and waking up are done in stages, and the in-between stages are when the most vivid dreams happen.  Nobody ever said we only dream when we're fully asleep.

Even when people experience ghost in the middle of the day (self included), I believe they believe they saw a ghost.  Even when experiencing it myself, I couldn't verify that it was a ghost and not some other as-yet-unknown natural phenomenon.    Even if it really was a ghost, there's no way to tell because nobody knows for sure what a ghost is.  Nobody has ever brought a real live ghost into a controlled environment to be studied, so science can't document their existence.

• Mr. P

I don't trust any claims close to being asleep either. Best way to verify sightings is to find out who they were, and if they ever existed there. Not always possible, but sometimes it is.

Yes I believe they do see ghosts. I've seen several myself.

yes, I believe and yes i think people who say they can see ghosts do see ghost. Why do you ask?

There are things we can not see. Consider this- the human eye can only see less then 1% of the total light spectrum. Matter itself is 99..9% nothing.

Ghosts are real and not always seen. My brother has an organ that will play itself, which is a trick because it is a foot pump organ. Something plays it and he has taken it a part and put it back together just to make sure it was not some trick that was being pulled on him. He was told it was haunted before he bought it. His hobby is restoring old chamber pump organs.

Not all those who see or hear ghosts are telling the truth and some are mistaken- but there are ghosts. I have never yet encountered a hostile or evil one.

Sometimes malfunctioning electric motors produce sub sonic waves that are known to cause strange sensations and apparitions. Others are caused by various physical states, and some are the result of fearful people imagining things.

But not all; there are dozens of YouTube videos exploring the phenomenon. I myself saw a troop of Colonial soldiers cross Rte. 2 in Concord on the evening of the anniversary of the Battle of Lexington. I was driving fast through moderate fog and saw them cross, wearing their clothing and carrying their muskets. I didn't stop because the road was dangerous. I was sober and hadn't been thinking about anything like that.

Evil spirits exhist. I don't believe a ghost seer until they show me the ghost they are seeing.