Kevin
Kevin asked in PetsOther - Pets · 5 months ago

Any advice for caring for a pet snail?

• ?
    Favorite Answer

Well...that’s a little weird...but probably a pretty low maintenance pet.

When I moved into a new home 3 years ago with a super overgrown yard I was dispatching dozens of common garden snails a day. It got kind of gross after a while ... so I looked up humane ways to kill snails. Freezing them is apparently the way folks who keep pet snails do it if they have to...so I had a couple freezer ziplocks I’d pop the snails into as a hand picked them. The next day I’d snail hunt and add any new ones to the bag of frozen snails...Then once they were all frozen I’d toss the bag.

Disgustingly, when I moved again a couple of months ago I found a gallon ziplock half full of frozen snails that had been in the back of my freezer for years...

Give it a nice salt water bath every other day.. Snails Love to soak in Salt Water.

Psychiatric drugs you are taking have made you mentally ill. Congratulations. Pet snail....???

They hate being rushed.......... and sautéed in butter, wine and garlic.

They need moisture and name it Gary .