Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceCareers & EmploymentFood Service · 5 months ago

Is it legal for a job to ask you what your disability is if they saw you went to a special education high school on your application?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 5 months ago
    Favorite Answer

if it could impact your work placement, yes.  Many job apps have things like: back injuries, standing issues etc. You could refuse to answer, and see what happens.

• 3 months ago

It's my understanding that an employer is *not* supposed to ask a prospective employee or employee to name his or her disability.  They can apparently inquire the types of job accommodations that one may possibly require though.

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

Yes it is illegal

• Eva
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

No, it's not. It is up to you to bring it up though, if you need special accommodations of any sort in order to perform the job.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Tavy
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

It's certainly fine in the UK , they need to know you are fit to do the job.

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

If you lack the tools needed to do the job, its not discriminatory.

• 5 months ago

Employers are allowed to ask questions to determine if you're capable of performing the duties of the job, but coming straight out and asking "what's your disability" certainly isn't the best way to go about it.

• fcas80
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

I am not a lawyer.

It is probably not legal during an interview to ask this specifically.  But I think it is OK to ask if you have a disability that might prohibit you from performing the job functions.  You should  answer that question truthfully.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.