Can a chef swear and throw pans if they get angry?

Thinking to take work as a kitchen porter once this lock down is over

Most places don’t tolerate that.

He can but that is childish because it does not correct the problem.  Pay attention. He may be swearing at HIMSELF for it is something HE DID.  Something he should have done differently but forgot...or it did not work.  Cooking is like working in a laboratory with chemicals and processes.  Somedays are great and some are bad.  It is a Job.  Throwing pans is not something the owner wants to see as the owner has to buy all the pots and pans.

• Scott

Throwing pots and pans is childish and unprofessional. I'm sure searing is common.

Anybody can swear and throw things if they get angry. Should they? No. Is it illegal? Only if you are harmed and press charges.

I work with a guy who was a Sous Chef for 20 years up and down the East Coast. I asked him what he thought about Gordon Ramsey. He said "Ramsey is mild". I was surprised by my coworker's answer. He went on to say the European chefs were the worst. He said they will slap you, scream at you, and throw things. He said he once had a butter dish broken over his head.

I asked why would he put up with that. He said he would do the same thing if he were the Executive Chef. He told me "look, it would be my name and my reputation on the line and every screw up comes back to me, so it all needs to be perfect".

Two other things you might think about. He told me he got out of the business because as a Sous Chef, he was under extreme pressure handling all the details and being responsible for budgeting other people's money. He also told me it no longer pays well like it once did, unless you're at the very top.

No. The FBI will imprison them. Stop you moron.

They CAN, but they may not last long on a job if they behave badly.

No le sigas la corriente

Gordon Ramsay does if junior chefs and a camera team are around. He is a coward.