jonniebaby asked in TravelCruise Travel · 2 months ago

When the world opens back up, will you be leary about going on a cruise?  ?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago
    Favorite Answer

I've been on many cruises, and have never had a problem. However, it will be a while before I take another cruise. It's not so much the fear of getting sick as the fear of being stuck on the ship, in my cabin, because other people got sick. 

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 2 months ago

Not at all. We just booked our next one in March 2020.

• 2 months ago

I have always viewed a cruise ship as a large incubator for germs and viruses. Not some place I would want to be. 

• 2 months ago

It depends on how covid-19 and any other problems develop.  (Remember norovirus, Costa Concordia?)  I was due to take a cruise in September 2020, but I've put it off until the following May.  

When it comes to getting from place to place, you're far less likely to catch a virus on a ship than you are on a plane or train - the difference is that you're still on the ship when the symptoms develop.  Covid-19 arrived in the USA with air passengers.  If the only way in was by ship and the ship was quarantined if anyone developed symptoms, covid-19 would never have reached the USA.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

I thought that travelling around on a ship with hundreds of other people, sometimes thousands of other people, was a really bad idea even before the coronavirus outbreak.  Each to their own I suppose.  It's a big dreamy floating buffet without having to drive through traffic to get there for some people I guess, but to me it's just a ship of fools.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.