jonniebaby asked in TravelCruise Travel · 2 months ago

When the world opens back up, will you be leary about going on a cruise?  ?

Favorite Answer

I've been on many cruises, and have never had a problem. However, it will be a while before I take another cruise. It's not so much the fear of getting sick as the fear of being stuck on the ship, in my cabin, because other people got sick. 

Not at all. We just booked our next one in March 2020.

I have always viewed a cruise ship as a large incubator for germs and viruses. Not some place I would want to be. 

It depends on how covid-19 and any other problems develop.  (Remember norovirus, Costa Concordia?)  I was due to take a cruise in September 2020, but I've put it off until the following May.  

When it comes to getting from place to place, you're far less likely to catch a virus on a ship than you are on a plane or train - the difference is that you're still on the ship when the symptoms develop.  Covid-19 arrived in the USA with air passengers.  If the only way in was by ship and the ship was quarantined if anyone developed symptoms, covid-19 would never have reached the USA.

I thought that travelling around on a ship with hundreds of other people, sometimes thousands of other people, was a really bad idea even before the coronavirus outbreak.  Each to their own I suppose.  It's a big dreamy floating buffet without having to drive through traffic to get there for some people I guess, but to me it's just a ship of fools.