?
Lv 4
? asked in TravelAsia PacificOther - Asia Pacific · 3 months ago

If Nigeria is a poor country how can so many afford the fees to be students in South East Asia and Russia?

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 months ago
    Favorite Answer

Many African nations sponsor their brightest students (and students from the wealthiest and/or politically-connected families) to study in other nation's top universities so that they can bring that knowledge and expertise back home.

I worked with a guy who was an engineer from Kenya.  He got a scholarship from his government to study in the USA under the agreement that he would return to Kenya and work in the civil service for at least 5 years.

When I was in college, I knew a guy from Africa studying political science.  He claimed he was the son of a "diplomat" who was being groomed for government service.  Years later I found out that he had become the head of the secret police for his warlord father.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 3 months ago

nigeria is a very corrupt country ..most scams on the net come from there ..their people extremely poor ..leaders live like kings

• Anonymous
    3 months ago

Nigeria is trading partner with most of those countries in Asia, including Russia. Russia is also inside Asia.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.