?
? asked in TravelAsia PacificOther - Asia Pacific · 3 months ago

If Nigeria is a poor country how can so many afford the fees to be students in South East Asia and Russia?

Favorite Answer

Many African nations sponsor their brightest students (and students from the wealthiest and/or politically-connected families) to study in other nation's top universities so that they can bring that knowledge and expertise back home.

I worked with a guy who was an engineer from Kenya.  He got a scholarship from his government to study in the USA under the agreement that he would return to Kenya and work in the civil service for at least 5 years.

When I was in college, I knew a guy from Africa studying political science.  He claimed he was the son of a "diplomat" who was being groomed for government service.  Years later I found out that he had become the head of the secret police for his warlord father.

nigeria is a very corrupt country ..most scams on the net come from there ..their people extremely poor ..leaders live like kings

Nigeria is trading partner with most of those countries in Asia, including Russia. Russia is also inside Asia.