Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesDancing · 3 months ago

How many calories should a full time ballet student have per day?

If you're dancing 30 hours a week, that's A LOT of exercise so surely you'd need more calories than usual. So, how many?

3500-4500 to stay strong

keep filling up

What @drip says. It's not the calories so much as the quality of the food. Don't skip fats, don't use sugar for a quick lift.

Don't ever count the calories.  What I do I check on my belly once in a while.  If I am beginning to get a tummy it is time to cut down on my food.

• GA41

A woman normally burns about 2000 calories a day, a man 2500 calories.  Pedaling a stationary bicycle hard for 30 minutes burns about 400 calories.  I suspect you be talking about an additional 500-1000 calories a day for the days you are dancing.  Your weight will be a good indicated whether you are balancing your calorific intake. 

• mintchips49

Someone taking 30 hours of ballet technique classes a week would be burning way more calories than what you listed in spite of the fact that ballet is both aerobic and anaerobic training.

Don’t worry about calories or diets.  Just eat healthy.  Cut out pop, fast foods, junk foods. Stick to fresh fruits and veggies, little red meat. . Eating little mini meals throughout the day is better the three big meals. Drinks lots of water

Everyone’s metabolism is different. Even among professional ballet dancers. Some can eat whatever they want and burn everything up quickly. Others have to watch what they eat. Obviously one can’t starve oneself as you need carbs to burn so you have energy to dance. The amount varies with the individual. Keep in mind that long lean muscle burns energy faster than those without it. Even when you are asleep.  So as you can see, one size does not fit all when it’s comes to dance and food intake