2020 CBR500R Gas Reading not working?

Brand new bike about 510 miles on engine. My ABS light turned on and i went home to remove my battery to clear the light, i removed the battery Positive first then negative then turned the key to the on position and hit the power to drain any power remaining in the bike so discharge about 15 minutes later i put the battery back in, Negative first then positive. The next day i went out for a ride, my gas was a little below half so i filled up as  usual with 93 gas. my cluster is functioning properly but the bike was running a little different and the gas meter didn't go up, it goes down only (entire cluster is digital) i rode about 35 miles in total and the gas still didn't read that i filled up the tank neither did it go up, it went down a bar though. i disconnected the battery again and left it in the garage for the night. down anyone know whats going on? why was it riding differently and why isn't the gas meter working? any information would be helpful. also what is the warranty that comes with a New Honda Motorcycle? 2020 CBR500R to be specific. Thanks.

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

Use the warranty. Don't tell them you effed around with the battery.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 2 months ago

Might have to wait until the tank is near empty and then repeat the procedure. Sounds like the ECM or brain box lost stored information so the engine timing will be different and the fuel gauge likely has to relearn as well.

• adam
    Lv 4
    2 months ago

you cleared trouble codes when you disconnected the battery. Dont do that again. Its under warranty so bring it the stealership and let them figure it out.

• 2 months ago

Look up these words: "warranty service." Like wow, dude.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Tim D
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Take it back to the dealer, you are probably due the first service about now anyway. Make a list of any problems or defects and let the manager know of them. You bought the bike (presumably) and you should have a whole sheaf of paperwork that goes with it. The warranty details will be there.

• Aziz2 months agoReport

thank you brother!

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Bike is still under warranty.  Take it to the dealer. 

STOP disconnecting the battery.   The dealer will not see any trouble codes and this will not help them fix the bike.

• 2 months ago

maybe you should get a mechanic to check it out

• adam
      Lv 4
      2 months agoReport

gee ya think? DUH

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.