Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationMotorcycles · 2 months ago

What is kawasakis best motorbike of all time? Hands down thee best! ?

I'll always be partial to the Z1-900. I was lucky enough to ride one of the first ones in the country back in the day and I'll always remember it. If I ever ran across a deal on another I'd seriously consider getting it but they're really expensive anymore. Oh but I still have an original valve shim tool just in case.

Those triple 2 strokes were fast, but had some problems. The z-1 was a solid bike.

The Vulcan 1700LT!

A big cruiser biker, very low maintenance,  looks great too!

Kawasaki was NEVER THE BEST.  The bikes would be raced against the other brands and Yamaha or Honda would win.  That is how they are measured. On a race track.

. I bought them because I liked the NAME. Also they were the first bike I saw that broke the mold.  The F7 (1972) was a spidery looking thing on the front end.  Not cluttered up with old time shocks.  It was more OPEN ENDED.  Before Yam or Hon or Suzi did it. They still designed in the Cafe bike style.  Once I bought into that brand I stuck with it because I had the tools.  Was used to the "Ring ding ding ding ding" sound that was a 2 stroke Kawi.

The one I liked best of all was the A7 Avenger. The H1 500 triple was terrible quick and I almost couldn't stay on it, but the A7 was ferocious, yet predictable. They made a 650 based on the BSA 650, but I never tried either of those.

In no particular order:

1. W650/800. Sleekest Kawis out there, period.   

2. H1 Mach III and H2 Mach IV. Best smokers out there, period. 

3. Ninja 250R. Honda Cub of sportbikes.

4. KLR650. The Unkillable.

5. Ninja ZX-11. Grandaddy of Blackbird and Hayabusa. 

Then there are GPZ Turbos from the 80s and of course the current H line-up with supercharged engines, but I don't consider them iconic. 

• adam

More than one model qualifies I think. The H1 and H2 come to mind right away as well as the Z1. 

• JetDoc

Kawasaki has built several really good motorcycles over the years. Don't know if they are "The BEST" but I particularly liked the Vulcan series of V-twins. I have owned three Vulcan Nomads over the years, and they were all really great touring bikes. 

• adam

I like the Vulcan after they fixed the crankshaft failure problems

• Tim D

I think the Z1 900 is the best looking Kawasaki.

• The Devil

I had a hard time keeping that one under 100 on 680. Get outta the way Berkeley to Danville in a blink.

Depends on your definition of 'Best'

The  H-1 Mach III was one of the fasted machines that you could buy.  The sound of it accelerating gives me shivers.

.

But it was also know as the 'Triple with the Ripple' and the 'Widow Maker' because of its handling.

Not the best at everything, but it sure did go

• adam

Thats funny I put armorall on my friends ZX6R because he pulled a wheelie with me on the back. I was sitting backwards thats our rule with a dude on back,