Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Consumer ElectronicsCell Phones & Plans · 2 months ago

Should I get the iPhone 5 if I already have an iPhone 4s?

The iPhone 5 will give you a bigger 4" screen compared to the 4s 3.5" screen and can run iOS 10 while the 4s can only go up to iOS 9. I think iOS 10 is still very usable, I have an iPad running iOS 10 and I can still use most modern day apps. The iPhone 5 is however, an older phone, and is no longer supported by Apple. If you are able to, I would get either an iPhone 5s as it can run up to iOS 12, or a first generation iPhone SE as it can run the newest version of iOS (iOS 13). Hope this helps.

You're really buying up the technology curve aren't you?

• chorle

If you have started a collection for a tech museum otherwise at least an iPhone 8. I think after products can reliably come from China again Apple will be selling a new less expensive iPhone like the next iPhone SE.

if you want to, sure

The 4s was pretty much as good as a 5. Both are now totally obsolete and no longer supported by Apple.

No. 

The 5s was pretty much as good as a 6, but  both of those are also now too old to be worth getting. 

If you’re going to buy a used iPhone but need to keep the cost low, then the 6s is the minimum specification worth buying. Following the pattern of earlier upgrades, the 6s is very nearly a 7 in terms of capabilities.

Spend a bit more and you can get a very good condition 8 Plus 256GB, much better than the 7 and with much better water resistance than the 7 (partly due to lacking

a headphone socket). Earlier models have no water resistance at all.

• Robsteriark

I never suggested anything contrary to that. I NEVER buy them new anyway: No more than one year old from CEX is my preference and I then get a 2 year warranty. Much better than the one year Apple give from new and I save £hundreds.

You're about 6 years behind.

Probably not.

If it will cost you more than one day's worth of your income,

then Definitely not.

thats up to you

IPhone 5 is so old, it does not matter much.