I signed a 1 yr lease with a property manager going into mo 3 word is LL is going to sell bldg alot of people are moving out I'm a worried?

Massachusetts Tenant Yes I Asked This Before But This Is The Third Time I Have Faced This Unpleasant Experience Though The Other Three Times I Was A Tenant At Will This Time I Have A Lease

Favorite Answer

The lease goes with the property. You get a new landlord. They do not have to renew, but they also have to honor the current lease.

If you have a lease, that remains - it transfers to any new owner.

So even if the landlord sells the building, you don't have to leave until your lease is up (unless you agree to do so; not a requirement, and you can validly ask for moving costs etc if you do so)

Your lease goes with the building. It remains valid.

Worried about what?  If you think people buy working businesses/buildings to burn them down, you must be nuts.  Most of them are buying a business.  They will be buying the leases too - the ENTIRE businesses.  Very few would evict everyone, completely renovate and start anew.  It happens, but very rarely.

Source(s): Certified Paralegal, with 25+ years' experience & with Landlord & Tenant law experience.

New owner MUST honor a written lease.

WhY Is EvERyword Starting with A Capital?  take the MArbles OFF your Fingers and use compunction if you want people to take you seriously.

the lease survives the sale....in some states it can be voided if it were a foreclosure

Your lease remains valid. And no need to capitalize every word. It makes it hard to read.

• Judy

A buyer must honor your lease.