?
? asked in Yahoo ProductsYahoo Answers · 7 months ago

why don't a lot of people choose best answer?

Most people put a lot of thought in their answers.

• Zirp

Sometimes there is no best answer

sometimes the asker just doesn't bother

• There are some here who are just ignorant of the rules here.  I doubt most of them know you can get six points for giving the best answer.  Then you got some who just don't care and some who did not get very good answers.  But if they do get good answers they should award the best answer.

Possible reasons. 

1. They are unwilling to wait an hour.

2. There are no answers for over an hour. 

3. They do not know they  CAN pick a best /favorite answer. 

4.  They do not know HOW to find their question because it moves so far down the list in active give sub sub categories.  

5. There are no answers good enough to give best answer to, or the answers do not really answer the question that was asked. 

I have not picked a best answer for my last 2 questions, and I probably am not going to. I am not that desperate for 6 points. I rarely ask questions on YA. 

• Daniel

Some people dont have time to come back and Pick a Best Answer or some people are not Happy with the Answers that they got Either way Picking a Best Answer is Optional while its nice to Award someone the Best Answer and people should if they gave them a Good Answer it is not Required

Posters are too lazy to award them

Because 80% of the questions posted on this site are politicos bickering, bored silly teenagers and the mentally ill/drunk/high and as such,  the questioners aren't really interested in the answers. 

They are looking for attention, not answers.