Sophie asked in TravelCruise Travel · 3 months ago

What’s the best working day? ?

I’m getting a new job and have the option of the following work hours: 

8am-4pm

8:30am-4:30pm 

9am-5pm

9:15-5:15pm 

I don’t have children. The only commitments I have are my dogs and my mum watches them whilst I’m at work. I’m just not sure what to go for! Positive opinions are wanted.. thanks in advance 

Favorite Answer

I had the option too as long as my weekly hours totaled 38. I take an hour lunch each day as I work out of the city. I found varying my hours to be better as it stops the days becoming repetitive and mundane. It also gives you something to look forward to on certain days (Later start and early knock off on Wednesday & Fridays. YAY!)

Mon, Tue & Thu - 8am - 5pm

Wed & Fri - 8:30am - 4:30pm

i would do 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. because then you won't have to get up really early and you can get home early too.

8 o'clock or 8:30 is early unless you are a morning person.

9:15 is kinda later in the day and you come home later too.

I would recommend going 9-5

Also 9-5 Dolly Parton song. LOLZ

Good luck!

Honestly i alway prefer to go early, get it done then enjoy your day.

8am to 4pm would probably keep you out of the worst of peak hour whether you travel by car or public transport.

• Den B7

You'll do great at this new job as long as you don't need to make any decisions. Your're off to a good start, can't decide what hours work best for yourself.

• Sophie3 months agoReport

So you’ve popped on here to leave a negative comment? Well done hun. 
      I’ve always had decision making as part of my job but I’ve never had the option to decide my working hours and wanted to know peoples opinions. 
      I must be doing something right, I’ve never been out of a job since I left school.  

• Eva

If you're a morning person, the 2 earlier ones are better and they give you more time to do things after work. If you have trouble getting up in the morning, the later ones would be better.