rrgitars asked in TravelCruise Travel · 3 months ago

Should we cancel this cruise to from Italy?

Booked to go on a cruise to Greece- in 92 days. If we cancel now we get a full refund. If we wait only a cruise credit. 4 days in italy and then we leave from Italy for the Crusie- what what you do????

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

Greece is one of the most beautiful places on earth.

I would go again but never by cruise. 

If you want to see the islands fantastic ferry services leave from Piraeus and go to all the big islands. They are cheap as well.

Cruise lines will heard you on and off buses and you will not see much as they hurry you back to the boat.

Cancel the cruise , take a plane and see Greece your way .....it is awesome!

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 3 months ago

Depends which cruise line you are with! Princess have given me a 225% cruise credit on my cancelled trip, so maybe you can get something more as well! 

EDIT: Anyway. looks like the Italians have cancelled it for you and you are stuck there!

• ...Show all comments
    • WRONG Fotos, Those deaths would not have happened if NSW Medical and Border Forces had done their jobs properly. The Golden Princess arrived in Melbourne the same day with THREE possible cases on board, and were not allowed ashore until EVERYBODY on board had been checked. No further cases reported!

• 3 months ago

I would cancel it.  

• Den B7
    Lv 7
    3 months ago

Cruise line gave us a full refund but the airline didn't. It cost us $300 to cancel our trip to Hungary. 

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 3 months ago

There is a reasonable chance the crisis will have passed in three months. 

• 3 months ago

At this point, you're better off cancelling it.

• 3 months ago

I'd check with the cruise company and find out if they are going to change the itinerary. They may well do so, given that travel in and out of Italy is currently very difficult or impossible.

• John
    Lv 7
    3 months ago

One of our Italian cousins posted a pic of the family doing exercises in their living room. Yesterday. Italy is closed for business until further notice.

• 3 months ago

You won't be able to travel in or out of Italy now

In 92 days - who knows. Coronavirus could be over; or the world could. It's a long time.

If you feel happier cancelling - go for it.

• Anonymous
    3 months ago

Cancel now - get your money back - you can rebook on any of thousands of cruises after (if) the crisis is over - and cruise prices should be a lot lower very soon.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.