?
? asked in Pregnancy & ParentingParenting · 8 months ago

Loss of loved ones?

In June, my oldest daughter was killed in a single engine plane crash.  Prior to that, in August, my mother died.  The first of this February, my youngest and only other daughter died suddenly from a blood clot after knee surgery.  I see other people talk about their loved ones who have passed and, I can't even think their name without crying.  It seems I've cried every day since last august. Have any of you lost your kids like this?  Does the pain ever get to a point where you're not a wreck all the time.  I just can't wrap my mind around this. 

Favorite Answer

My gawd, u have lived all of our nightmares..I cant think of nothing worse than losing my kid or spouse. I dont have experience in the death of a child but i do have experience in death of people i loved tremendously. (my parents both died within 10 months apart) the pain and devastation was unreal, nothing i could ever imagined. Im positive that pain is magnified when its ur kid..

For me, it took about 3 or 4 YEARS to not cry so much..And i still cant talk about them or hang a photo of them to look at..

I cant even find any decent sounding advise for what u have had to deal with..all i can say is try to keep focused on ANYTHING that brings u even a moment of happiness. Dont worry about tomorrow and how to get through life, just try to focus on each day finding something that keeps ur mind busy not thinking about the horror u are living. I hope u have good friends or people in ur life that can try to be helpful.  Cyber hugs to all u people up there thats had to go through losing a child..:(

• blank

I am so sorry to hear this. Thier is nothing wrong at all with griving.  Just keep them in your thoughts. Thier may be some support groups around where you live. I would search on the search engine for support groups. Also make sure they are legit.

I'm sorry for your losses. It would help you greatly to be in touch with a nearby chapter of the Compassionate Friends (in the UK, the Society of Compassionate Friends), a non-profit, non-denominational, self-help support group for parents and family who have suffered the death of a child from any cause at any age. Grief shared is a priceless comfort. My wife found the local chapter after our young adult son died. We later became chapter leaders and facilitators. The friends we made were a blessing.

Source(s): Www.compassionatefriends.org.

I lost my 22 year old son in a car accident in 1991. It never actually gets better, it does, however get bearable. Let yourself feel grief. I wish you luck.

Sorry for your losses. Everyone grieves in a different way. Know that there was nothing you could do to change the outcome and it is not your fault, Know that missing them means that you loved them. IT is important to remember the things that you had difficulty with when dealing with them. IF you put them on a pedestal and deny the bad times, you will never move on from the stage of grief you are in.