Macbook Charger Broke?

Hey, guys my dog's water bowl accidentally spilled on my charger. Now it said the battery wasn't charging. I am currently on 31 percent. Can anyone give me advice on what to do? I really don't want to go buy a new one it's expensive. 

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 months ago

You really do not have a lot of choices:

1.fix it yourself

2.if you can not - buy new.

• David
    Lv 7
    9 months ago

You spends hundreds or a thousand dollars on a Macbook. It makes sense to buy decent Macbook charger rather than a cheap chinese knockoff which could damage your expensive Macbook

• 9 months ago

Your charger is not safely saveable so must be replaced. 

A good used charger costs much less than a new one, and I cannot recommend any of the off-brand models. 

When I needed a new MagSafe 2 charger for my MacBook Pro I bought a used replacement at relatively low cost from CEX. If they operate in your country then I highly recommend them: everything they sell has a  “no quibble” 2 year warranty.

Make sure that the power output quoted in Watts (W) on the replacement charger is at least as high as on your broken charger. Many off-brand chargers are either far too low an output, or claim to be high-output but simply don’t match the output they claim to have. Many off-brand MagSafe chargers also lack the thorough safety-protection of the genuine Apple product so you risk not just your MacBook but also your home and life if they catch fire.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.