Why Does My Instagram Photos Still Look Blurry Even Though I Already Optimized It ?

I resized my photo to 1080 px by 1350 still it looked blurry when i uploaded it on instagram?

• Vivian

If your Instagram photo is displaying blurry in the Instagram Feed plugin then it's usually due to the plugin mistakenly selecting the wrong size image to display. This setting can be found in the following location: Instagram Feed > Customize > Posts > Photos > Image Resolution.

• qrk

Are you saying that you started with a blurry picture and expected it to look better after resizing?

Resizing is only part of what is needed. What resolution did you set? It should be set to 72 PPI. If you did not do that, then you really did not gain anything with the resize. Also, when you downsize a photo and change the resolution to a monitor friendly 72 PPI, you will lose some sharpness. AFTER you have resized the photo at 72 PPI, you then need to apply some sharpening to get the photo truly "optimized" for online viewing. All this kind of thing is accomplished in a capable program such as Adobe Photoshop. If you are not using a program of that capability, then, frankly, you do not have the ability to actually optimize your photos for online and will continue to have to suffer what is done to them by sites such as Instagram and Facebook.