I have two phones with different numbers how to get them the same?

so the police had my old phone for over a year and just got it back, paying for it the whole time and not able to use it, during this time I was paying for a separate prepaid phone I picked up at target, but now thats the number everyone knows and has for everything, how do I get my existing account changed to the phone number I have on the prepaid, both phones are thru at&t.

Aren't AT&T a company that used GSM - so the phones have SIM cards?

If so, just swap the SIMs; they are what link each phone number to the phone they are put in to.

If the phones use different size SIMs, you can get SIM adapters or (usually) have a larger SIM cut down to a smaller size.

If you means to change the account type on one number, just call AT&T and tell them - they can swap the numbers over between accounts.

Ask your service provider to add the second number 

to the phone that was recovered. 

Of course, it will then no longer be associated with the phone it has been on. 

i would ask the phone company to help you with that