Is it a good idea to travel from London to Iran by car?

I need to know if that is a good idea. Can anyone with experience or no experience tell me what I need to know such as risks, dangers, expenses etc. I mainly need to know if there are any dangers in this trip.

Thanks 

Having travelled to Turkey from Vienna by train, my family found it enjoyable, the only thing is that for some reason the dining car was not operating. I  went in and the two cooks were just sitting saying "No food". Turkey is the most amazing country, and Pamukkale is a magic place, with mountains made of sulphur and  the  warm curative waters. The  food is excellent and varied. Turkey is definitely worth visiting.

The old silk road route. Try for Singapore. 

It is a very bad and stupid idea. Your need to do some decent research and

use some common sense.

You can go throw Turkey. Teheran is close from Ex Soviet Union or Azerbejdzan. Iran is very safe and beautiful country, no killings there, no robberies.... 

funny old site this ..5 years ago you were 16 ..according to your question ..yet recently you were asking about your daughter marrying her partner!...your only 21!...so your little planned trip of nearly 4.000 miles ..each way ..seems a bit ambitious 

Quite the adventure, that's for sure. Getting papers will probably be the hardest part. Being stopped by authorities without the right documents in some of those countries will just open the door for abuse. The more poor and downtrodden a place, the more chance of pirates along the roads. Mostly you just hope you don't encounter them. The old saying is that the people of the world are fundamentally good. I have found that in my travels. Quite the adventure.................

• IOM

It would be pretty expensive especially because you need to eat and sleep somewhere during the long route. There are no dangers before you enter the Balkans. After that, you're on your own. Beware.

• J

There is always the possibility, especially in the Middle East.

You would need several difficult to acquire visas and to traverse at least one warzone. That being said if you do it bring along some filming equipment it could make for a good ašs documentary.

• Nancy

It's a great idea.  No dangers.