Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelCruise Travel · 2 months ago

With the outbreak of coronavirus, is it suicide to try to take a cruise right now?

You are more likely to die in a car crash on the way to the airport or cruise port than you are to die from coronavirus.  I wouldn't take a cruise out of Asia right now, but I would have no problem taking one to the Caribbean, or Europe. 

61,000 people in the US died of the flu during the last flu season.  But people aren't scared of the flu because it's familiar. People fear new things, and the coronavirus is sort of new.  Don't let your primitive fish brain get in the way of logic.  It's like flying.  I fly a dozen or so times a year.  I've had people ask if I was worried because eventually, I'll be in a plane crash.  I ask them if they are worried about dying in a car crash, because the chances of dying in a car crash are significantly greater than dying in a plane crash.  

No, but there is a risk in any crowded environment.

Not suicide.  However, if the virus is detected aboard then you may find yourself quarantined. 

• Den B7

yes                           

Not if the cruise is to the Caribbean or Mexico etc.

Even if you catch coronavirus, you're 98% likely to survive (the 2% generally have existing health issues). So - no.