Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelCruise Travel · 2 months ago

With the outbreak of coronavirus, is it suicide to try to take a cruise right now?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

You are more likely to die in a car crash on the way to the airport or cruise port than you are to die from coronavirus.  I wouldn't take a cruise out of Asia right now, but I would have no problem taking one to the Caribbean, or Europe. 

61,000 people in the US died of the flu during the last flu season.  But people aren't scared of the flu because it's familiar. People fear new things, and the coronavirus is sort of new.  Don't let your primitive fish brain get in the way of logic.  It's like flying.  I fly a dozen or so times a year.  I've had people ask if I was worried because eventually, I'll be in a plane crash.  I ask them if they are worried about dying in a car crash, because the chances of dying in a car crash are significantly greater than dying in a plane crash.  

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 2 months ago

No, but there is a risk in any crowded environment.

• 2 months ago

Not suicide.  However, if the virus is detected aboard then you may find yourself quarantined. 

• Den B7
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

yes                           

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

Not if the cruise is to the Caribbean or Mexico etc.

• 2 months ago

Even if you catch coronavirus, you're 98% likely to survive (the 2% generally have existing health issues). So - no.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.