Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 2 weeks ago

Do Trump supporters want the US to become an authoritarian government where Trump has absolute power and there is no freedom of the press?

• Diana
    Favorite Answer

Trumpsters appear to consider Trump as above the law and want him to have his way in everything, including having endless terms.  However, having more than two terms and destroying freedom of the press is unconstitutional.  Also, Trump has no authority to change, or eliminate the Constitution, regardless of what his Trumpsters want.  Lastly, his executive privilege doesn't legally shield him from folks whom he screwed-over before he took office.  So, Trump will never have the absolute power that he craves.  

• sirjester099
      1 week agoReport

George Washington never suggested, or supported "two term limits" There were no term limits until republicans got butthurt over FDR's four term stint!

this is going to be fun, first like Nancy Pelosi I HATE in her world Republicans in mine Democrat's I and America hate liers like you and Democrat's, you will find that out 11/3/2020

• sirjester099
      1 week agoReport

John you should consider taking a few elementary spelling courses! You misspelled a first grade level word! The word is "liar" not "lier"   I am not surprised that a blowhard here misspells first grade spelling words as he ruffles his feathers and sticks his bird chest out in defiance! LOL

• Cousin

Obviously, they want that, and are willing to sacrifice principle and sell out values and the truth and the Constitution in order to place him in that much power. They will vote against impeachment no matter what, to a man, without ethics or faith, in order to serve this demagogue of a Leader. Only ONE Republican had enough sense of values to vote for impeachment and his bravery met with a reaction of a Mob Mentality from the rest of his party. It is not only Party "right or wrong" but Leader even when they KNOW he is wrong, no matter what, and above any other consideration. They libel their political opposition as "traitors" and slander any criticism as "treason" because of this Cult of the Beast. His symbol of the Square Osshole, so fittingly formed of four capital Ts in a circle, resembles the swastika. This is like the Fourth Reich. The Republinazis are pressuring Facebook to release the names of people on Facebook who have dissented. No Democratic principles left. Last year he encouraged the murders of 53 journalists by calling the press "enemies of the people". He sees HIMSELF as the embodiment of the State. Worse than kings like King George III were with the "divine right of kings", because no Christian king ever abrogated to himself what Hitler and Trump have. 

• Warren534
      2 weeks agoReport

Trump supporters do not think this way at all, and neither does Trump. But you already know that, and simply choose to engage in sheer sophistry, supposition, innuendo, and projection of your own views.

• Phil M

I am a Trump supporter and this is the first I have heard that. No that is not what anyone wants. Another made up story to promote division and hatred.

• Chris
      2 weeks agoReport

Russian TROLL. 

If it was truly up to them, Trump would be President for Life.

• Warren534
      2 weeks agoReport

NO... NOT AT ALL.. That's actually what the DEMOCRITS want.. 

THAT'S why they will try anything and everything they can think of to again bring up BS IMPEACHMENT CRAP Instead of actually doing their job and working for the AMERICAN PEOPLE.

IF they spent as much time trying to do something to actually help the people as they have on their PHONY IMPEACHMENT CRAP it would really be worth thinking of voting for one.. BUT ALAS.. THEY have changed into a party of Racism and Hate against anyone who thinks a little different than they do.

Biggest nightmare of the French neh no? K

Good night and stay with God 🙏😉 and this is my first good night today hehe

Not a Trump supporter, so my answer may not matter. While I don't support Trump, I do support the constitution and am very concerned about precedents set by those obsessed with his ouster.l

I find those who blindly defend everything Trump does to be foolish, but I can understand their motivation. He was legally and constitutionally elected President, but has faced non-stop attempts to prevent him from governing. It began in January 2016 with a White House meeting of Ukrainians and Obama Admin officials to address how to deal with the apparent conflict of interest and shakedown involving Hunter Biden, Joe Biden's position running policy on Ukraine, and his shakedown attempt with aid in exchange for dropping an investigation that was getting too close. That is followed by an illegally-predicated investigation into his campaign, followed by attempts by the DNC/Clinton .campaign to enlist foreign governments to interfere in the election, to "Not My President" obstruction by overwhelming number of lawsuits, to the two year-plus Russia hoax investigation, to an impeachment attempt without a provable crime.

The precedents set during all of this have endangered the independence of the Executive Branch; the clear collusion between most of the press and the Democratic Party is sickening. Trump is not a nice person, and I don't believe he should be President. He is, whether I like it or not, and we need to let him do his job. If there is no freedom of the press, it's because the press has enslaved itself to a Democratic Party that is off the rails. I was a liberal Democrat for 49 years. Today I'm a liberal independent. I wouldn't mind a liberal press, but a partisan one threatens our Republic.

Source(s): I'm an independent who reads multiple sources including WaPo, NYT, WSJ, and watches MSNBC, ABC, CBS, NBC, CNN, Fox, BBC and two Spanish-language non-US news channels.
    • wombatfreaks
      2 weeks agoReport

but there has been no effort to stop him from governing. The objections, on the part of some in congress, the press, the courts, etc, are a part of that governing process. 

Press is owned by men who express their opinions so how is press free?

• Joseph

No freedom of the press? They grind on him everyday! No freedom of the press, sheeze!

• Chuck
      2 weeks agoReport

Trump has been gang-bullied by CNN, MSNBC, CBS, ABC, and NBC ever since he defeated Crooked Hillary in 2016.   

Trump was elected by just as many Democrats who couldn't bring themselves to vote for Hillary Clinton.   We all know how corrupt she was and if you want to argue that point then please save your breath.  She is evil.  Also, 8 years of Obama did a lot of people in.  Obamacare was passed unconstitutionally by invoking the Commerce Clause power of Congress.  To mandate that I have insurance or be fined by the government is not a power that Congress possesses so it should have never happened.  But, that's Obama and his groupies as I like to put it.  Those same groupies are the House Democrats who clearly abused their impeachment power.  So to answer your question 'yes' if you want to call Trump authoritarian then I guess I would consider that the lesser of the two evils.  Do you get behind a party who believes that the Green New Deal is good for our country or that our children should be able to choose what gender they are?  I'm sorry but yes, again, Trump is the obvious choice for now.  You should also keep in  mind that it was Obama who tried to shut down the press.  Trump just likes to point out how fake they are.