Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelCruise Travel · 2 months ago

Solo travel on a cruise liner, for women? Safe, this day and age , of the coronavirus?

For longer than 3 days???

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

What does being a woman traveling alone have to do with the likelihood of catching the coronavirus?

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • My mom went on a cruise ride last year solo and to be honest she had a wonderful experience. Remember cruise is a luxury ship, not a boat of bad pirate :)

• 2 months ago

I've cruised a lot and have met many women and men traveling solo.  Some prefer it that way.  Many cruise lines are starting to have single passengers cabins, too.  The only concern is ports, depending on where the cruise goes.  The ports themselves are exceptionally safe, but in some places (like Jamaica), the area surrounding the port is very sketchy.  As long as you are with a group, it isn't a problem.  Assuming you book tours through the cruise line, the risk of something bad happening is very low.  I recommend registering with cruisecritic.com. There are roll calls for all ships and sailings, so it's a great place to "pre-meet" people, and get int goops doing third party tours.

As for coronavirus, unless the cruise in in Asia, it isn't much of a concern.  People are scared of it because it's new.  If you follow standard hygiene procedures, getting sick on a cruise isn't common.  I've been on 19 and have never gotten sick.

• 2 months ago

Solo travel on a cruise liner, for women?

For MOST they travel with little issue.

age , of the coronavirus

GROW UP the virus does not decide to infect based on your travelling companion or your sex.

Hundreds of cruise ships depart and arrive everyday around the planet. A FEW the past few weeks have had issues due to the virus in the news.

Single females and married females can both be infected.

Obviously if you are SOLO then only one person (YOU) would be confined to a cabin not much chance to get infected from yourself.

The statistics are not yet available as to which gender is more at risk.

You can be exposed to many things when you travel. Main reason you should have up to date vaccinations and not travel when sick.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

If your concern is the coronavirus, why does it matter if you're traveling alone? In any case, there is always the risk of illness on a cruise ship. 

• Den B7
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Yes, women traveling solo are immune to the coronavirus especially in the enclosed environment of a cruise ship.

• 2 months ago

Two different issues. Several cruise lines are now going after the single market. They have single rooms that are the same price or only a bit more than sharing a double room. Some have lounge rooms for single travels, and events where they can meet each other. There aren't many places safer than a cruise ship. There are always staff around. I've been on more than a dozen cruises and never gotten sick. People with poor immune systems may be at more risk, but I've been on several cruises with someone who has had a liver transplant and takes immuno suppressants, and he's never gotten sick, either. The coronavirus isn't a threat right now except in China and parts of Asia. 

• 2 months ago

If you're concerned about coronavirus, a crowded environment isn't the best choice. Right now it wouldn't be a huge threat except in the far East.

• 2 months ago

The likelihood of catching coronavirus is still highly unlikely unless you're currently visiting mainland China.

A cruise around the Mediterranean for example is going to be as safe as it's ever been.

• 2 months ago

I would stay away from all Cruise Ships at this time in history, it s just not a good idea with the Coronavirus out there. It s so easy to get sick on a cruise ship without that virus, and now with that thing out there you have to ask yourself: Is it worth it?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.