Question for Atheists ?

I'm not a Christian, but this question is on Religion & Spirituality. I get that you have none...

But why do you feel the need to attack Christian questions? Why can't you respect their belief?

Reviewing some of the questions here it seems like a personal vendetta and I just want to know why...

Alright everyone,  thanks for answering.  It seems like the majority of you blame them. Although some of those justifications aren't entirely reasonable.

I hope I didn't anger anyone, though a minority here might have some anger issues.

I'll pick a best answer in due course.  Thank you all for your explanations.

Favorite Answer

I just do my best to answer questions directed to atheists.

And yes, answers are often about atheism... Sorry if they hurt your feelings

• .

Atheists don't "attack" Christian questions. Christians, and religious people in general, feel threatend by the fact that they can't admit that what they've been taught is a lie; they can't use logic and reason as atheists do.

Not being an informational word, "respect" doesn't belong here in any capacity.  It accomplishes nothing.

Used negatively, it's an insult, and the logical response of believers is "who cares?"

Used affirmatively, it just conveys confirmation, and the logical response from non believers being "so what?"

Source(s): Greek Orthodox Christian

Some of that goes on here from all sides - to be clear, nearly every religion has attacked and been attack by others here and it is not limited to atheists or Christians.

A better question is why should you respect someone's beliefs, especially when they are wrong?  Understand, you can and should respect a person as well as their rights, including that to freedom of religion, but that does not mean that what they do with those rights should be respected.  Further, respect is mostly earned and not given by default.  Perhaps respecting a person's rights is the only case where respect is not earned.

As an example, some people believe that vaccines cause autism, despite overwhelming evidence to the contrary.  Should we respect this belief even when it endangers the rest of society?

• JASON

Because it is a belief, it's not true.

• Caesar

If answering a real question about atheism or atheists, or the rants and insults dressed as a question made by Christians on Religion & Spirituality on Yahoo answer is somehow translated as some kind of attacks... I understand then why if theist gods were real they won't answer their questions...unlike them, atheists can answer question and insults ...is a simple reality issue that you can try to review... if you don't feel attacked of course...Gee Zeus...religious people accuse Jesus of blashemy because Jesus dare to answer their questions... and call their false religious morality...that not end well for Jesus

There is no logic in this place.   I really think the demons run the place.   I would never come here looking for any kind of validation, or agreement, or teaching, or anything.   

such action the sign of a person no comfortable with their beliefs

I cannot respect the beliefs of people which includes me being tortured FOREVER in hell for not sharing their beliefs.

• Mack

How do you get that I don't have spirituality? How do you get that I'm not interested in the religions that affect billions of fellow citizens? How can I respect a belief I don't understand and often attacks me? It may be that your attacks and insistence upon supernatural have left us with little to respect.