Why is it wrong to call someone a bad person because they drink alcohol or smoke weed all the time?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 months ago

as long as no one hurts anyone else ,how is that bad?

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 3 months ago

A bad person is someone whose behavior sucks, if you ask me. It's none of my business if they are drunk or stoned all the time, is it?

And how is this a topic for Food? LOL

• 3 months ago

You will lead a happier life, and attract better friends in the only person you judge is yourself.

• Jerry
    Lv 7
    3 months ago

The alcohol is a big health problem but does unhealthy lifestyle choices = bad person?

My thought here is that if a person is meeting his/her responsibilities then it's none of my business if they choose to alter their mental status with intoxicants. Of course responsibilities includes the stuff like not driving impaired. 

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Janet
    Lv 7
    3 months ago

Because they are not "bad"

They are merely unhappy and don't know HOW to become happy . so they are "self-medicating" in an attempt to blur an inner unhappiness that they do not know how to fix..

• 3 months ago

How does that make someone a bad person? What is your definition of a bad person?

So if a person drinks a bit of alcohol everyday, but gives of their time and money to help the less fortunate and even their job is helping others....are they still a bad person?

• Anton
    Lv 5
    3 months ago

Luke 6:37

Do not judge, and you will not be judged. Do not condemn, and you will not be condemned. Forgive, and you will be forgiven.

Luke 6:41

Why do you look at the speck in your brother's eye, but fail to notice the beam in your own eye?

John 8:7

When they continued to question Him, He straightened up and said to them, "Let him who is without sin among you be the first to cast a stone at her."

You can call someone a bad person only if you are perfect.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.