Ben
Lv 6
Ben asked in Cars & TransportationMotorcycles · 3 months ago

Are there less trade-ins for locomotives than there are for motorcycles?

a) yes

b) no

When you answer, can you give me an explanation?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • adam
    Lv 4
    3 months ago

Locomotives. Diesel? Coal? wood?  I highly doubt that when a railway company replaces an engine [locomotive] that they trade it in. Not to mention that there are far more motorcycles out here than trains. Even if they did trade them in the numbers would be much lower. 

Attachment image
    • Anon
      Lv 6
      2 months agoReport

Locomotives are steamers, only. Coal or wood., If they take Diesel, they are a GE Diesel-Electric  Engine. You wont see a locomotive on US public rails since 1955. Many lines changed to DE  in the 'thirties  so watering stops could be eliminated.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 3 months ago

Eh? Do you mean fewer tradeoffs? But to answer your question, since there are more motorcycles than locomotives, there are more motorcycle transactions including trade-ins. However, the dollar value, even scrap value, of an individual used locomotive is no doubt higher than that of an individual used motorcycle

• If  you Find one . Very rare, even scrap =valuable. I think this Idiot means "engine". Another story. 

• Anonymous
    3 months ago

If you ever See a locomotive, it's in a museum. it's   "engine" 

If you Found a L. for sale and got a good deal on it, the market for them is much less than used  bikes. But if you found right  collector, you could profit $100K or more.

A used Engine, Properly, is only valuable if Certified operational. Unlike cars, bikes,  US,  any public transportation must be safety certified. $$. But if again you got a good deal, jumped thru the fed and state hoops, a working engine is a bit more salable than the L. Might make a few K profit. I see engines  and Diesels  lying along RR tracks. Plenty of 'em.

• Anonymous
    3 months ago

No

Percentages

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.