Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicTelevisionDrama · 8 months ago

Why did the Arrowverse introduce Dream Tranny? Does anyone else want her gone? Will there be a live action version of Dream GIRL?

Favorite Answer

There might be a live action version of Dream Girl.  Nia Nal, Dreamer on Supergirl, is supposed to be the descendant of Nura Nal, who is Dream Girl in the comics.  But I don't think that we're going to see that.  They seem to be setting up Nia to kind of follow Nura's story a bit, what with her sister being jealous of Nia's gift.  In the comics Nura's sister lacks precognitive ability and goes off to learn magic and becomes the hero The White Witch.

Because it's a way to achieve cheap publicity.  The fact is that ratings for the Arrowverse (really the entire CW) are plummeting.  CW has been trying to be the darling of political movements as a way to drum up interest.  You'll notice that most of the Arrowverse shows are a virtual parade of progressive causes.  I actually support some of those causes, so don't take what I'm saying here as a critique of the politics.

The problem is that the Arrowverse writers are REALLY bad at their job.  They have little to no ability to dramatize these sometimes complex issues in ways that do the issues justice nor in ways that don't produce jarring tonal shifts as a silly little superhero show suddenly becomes a lecture on how 'woke' you aren't, and trying to shame you into being more woke.

This drives viewers away.  I literally know 3 people who won't watch the Arrowverse despite liking superhero stuff.  They won't do it because they don't like Hollywood (or Vancouver in this case) preaching to them.  As Ricky Gervais said at the Globes:

"So if you do win an award tonight, don’t use it as a platform to make a political speech.  You’re in no position to lecture the public about anything. You know nothing about the real world. Most of you spent less time in school than Greta Thunberg.  So if you win, come up, accept your little award, thank your agent, and your God and f*** off, OK?"

• EddieJ

What do you mean by a "live action version"?  (I thought Arrowverse WAS live action.)