How do you close a wine bottle ?

Do you put the cork back in and how do you do that?

16 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 months ago

It's not easy. Buy a couple of bottles of SHAW at Trader Joe's. It comes with a twist out cork that you can use to re-cork your bottles without having to use a corkscrew to re-open them. If it's really good wine, get a vacuum re-corking system. I have a manual one from Rabbit, and also some that work with Food Saver vacuum sealers.

• 8 months ago

You use a cork to close it

Source(s): O CL
  • 8 months ago

You can try to reuse the cork, but if that does nto work, you need a bottle stopper, available at all wine stores, find an airtight one that actually "seals' the bottle

• 8 months ago

The easiest way is with a T-cork (AKA Tasting cork), designed for the purpose. The cheap way is to reverse the cork and shove it back in by hand. If you vint your own wine, you probably have the equipment to insert a cork all the way in. The most enjoyable way might be to finish the bottle.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • CB
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

Flip it over an put it back in upside down. Just push it in about half way and your are good to go.

• Speed
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

I have a couple of bottle stoppers in the drawer near the wine glasses. Some corks can be urged back in, but plenty just refuse. And of course lots of pretty decent wine comes with a screw cap these days.

• Anonymous
    8 months ago

You're blonde and female, aren't you?

• 8 months ago

There are different kinds of corkscrews.  The kind I like best has two 'tongues' that go down on either side of the cork.  You twist it a bit and it slides the cork out without damaging it.  Then you can stick it back in the bottle (not all the way, of course).

And there are plastic plugs for wine bottles that seal very well.  Like the one with the golf ball on it.

Failing all this, you can just put a piece of saran wrap over the end of the bottle, secured with a rubber band.  I've done that.

• Anonymous
    8 months ago

Most if the wine I drink comes in screw top bottles. When there is a cork I use a plastic stopper - if there's any wine left.

• Anonymous
    8 months ago

I bought a wine bottle stopper

Attachment image
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.