Dubbs
Lv 6
Dubbs asked in Yahoo ProductsYahoo Answers · 11 months ago

Can you still contact other users on Yahoo answers?

I realize things have changed over time, peoplecwho posted questions and chose best answers used to be able to reply the best answer (which has also been changed to "Favorite Answer"), but this feature has been removed. As have the voting section for best answers.

Years ago people on the Yahoo answers community used to be able to contact other users, but I can't seem to find this feature anymore. Does anybody know if that's something they just stopped doing or or did the change the process of how to do it?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    11 months ago
    Favorite Answer

Hello, favorite answer is now done because too many trolls reported the asker's chosen best answer they disagreed with, rather than an actual best answer at times, or people were simply biased. For example liberals reporting the best answer if it was awarded to a conservative who agreed with the post.

Voting was retarded because sock accounts just voted up their own answers.

Yahoo removed the lvl 7 question mover feature thankfully because it was also being abused.

You can no longer messege people due to threats, harassment, and sexual content to minors, as well as creeps asking for personal info.  You cannot make a profile avatar either.

You may comment on answers unless you are blocked.

I like the new yahoo much better.

• Daniel
    Lv 7
    11 months ago

You cant Unfortunately Email has been Disabled

• 11 months ago

You can comment on individual answers for a little over a year. You used to be able to email other users if your email was enabled, but Verizon disabled that over 2 years ago around August 2017. My email is still enabled and I allow followers, but Verizon disabled it for everyone. There were too many death and rape threats. Verizon disabled and terminated Yahoo Messenger on July 18, 2018. Yahoo terminated IM in 2013, or 2014.

You have to enable comments. You can no longer comment when you choose a best/favorite answer, but you can comment separately before or after you choose best/favorite answer separately that text box icon below answers to the left opens up a comment text box or there is "Comment" button that used to be to the right. If the text box icon or "Comment" button is missing, or your comment will not post, you have been blocked by that email account.

• ?
    Lv 7
    11 months ago

No.  Too many people abused it to harass others.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Sharon
    Lv 7
    11 months ago

Emailing other members used to be an option here, but they stopped it years ago because the system was being abused.

• 11 months ago

Direct contact was done away with due to abuse. All you can do now is comment under the person's answer. They may or may not look at it.

• Anonymous
    11 months ago

Due to the harassment and stalking abuse Y!A disable that feature.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.