Is it normal for a 41 yr old man to be on 6 different blood pressure medications and still average 180/120?

• Mamie
    Favorite Answer

What reading does the doctor get?  Your blood pressure monitor might not work properly.  And you certainly shouldn't be on 6 different bp meds, which, by the way, don't seem to be working.  Perhaps you should see a different doctor.

These have dropped my high BP by 20 pts (Syst. & Diast.)!!! Ashwagandha, Astragalus, and Pearl (I purchased from Sun Potion, but any organic quality powders will work) added to any non-caffeine tea at night. Took 1 flaxseed oil capsule along with 2 Fermented Skate Liver oil capsules ( I used Green Pasture Blue Ice brand) each morning. Experienced a steady decline in BP long term. Please shoot out your feedback or experience. 

Get a second opinion.

I did!

I went from 11 different medications down to 4!!!

No, that reading still puts you in hypertensive crisis and usually the recommendation is to go to the hospital with a reading like that.

No

thats

normal, maybe try other medications and see if

those help

. My cousin is 30

and and

his bp reached 200/120 and

eventhough

he was on bp medication

didnt

gelp

at all. prescribed him 2 and bp still high at 160 so he has been referred to a clinic. 

Iwould

suggest

exersising

and join the gym. My cousin stays all day driving around and barely

exersises

and I really do think

its

playing a part in his hypertension, he also eats out a lot so please

dont

do that. Reduce your salt intake. Then you should see a difference and it will hopefully come down. Join the gym tomorrow as I know everyone gets lazy about it 

no, not normal at all

Blood pressure medications only treat the symptoms, not correct the cause, and that's why when they're prescribed, it's usually for life. If you don't fix the cause, it could go on until you die.

Fixing the cause is easy - just increase your water intake to the once-suggested eight 8-ounce glasses per day. And up your salt intake a little, also.

This may sound counter-productive based on the theory that salt causes high blood pressure, but this theory is wrong.

Based on the law of physics, if you remove the cause of a health problem, the problem should resolve itself (no cause = no reason for the problem to exist). Doctors advise their patients to reduce salt because "it causes high blood pressure" - while, at the same time, prescribing medication to control the blood pressure.

If salt really does "increases blood pressure" - and you eliminate salt from your diet - the blood pressure should revert back to normal *without* the need for medication. The fact that medication is prescribed nonetheless proves that salt is not the culprit.

Yes, it's true that we get too much salt in processed foods, but the body was designed to take care of itself. As with any other nutrient, it only uses as much as is it needs - the rest is discarded.

If your body does hold onto extra salt (as in the case of edema), it isn't because it can no longer discard excess salt, it's because it needs the extra salt for a specific reason - namely to hold onto water when you don't drink enough to satisfy the body's needs.

High blood pressure is an adaptive function the body uses to prevent cell damage due to the lack of water. Water that is retained by salt is filtered and injected into dehydrated cells as fresh water. This is accomplished through reverse osmosis which requires an increase in pressure for the filtration/injection process. This needed pressure comes from the increased blood pressure.

Once the water levels between the inside and the outside areas of the cells is satisfied, the blood pressure goes back to normal on its own.

dont sound normal to me

No it's not normal. And what doctor prescribes six blood pressure medications at once?

If it were that high...you would be DEAD.